2014-10-16

A Bag of Money for the Ghosts


























My father was borne in a small village. He got rid of poverty with Education in the 70s. Ever since then, he has been a city dweller.  Unlike me, who have lived in cites in my entire life, my father has a true countryside spirit (which I something don't understand and don't agree with). 

These photos were taken in my grandmother's old house in Chinese New Year 2 years ago. The Family bought a new altar to replace the old one. It took a very long, complex procedure for this. A lot of "bai bai", a lot of prayers, and a lot of offering too. My mother and I sat there whole day. We were estranges who looked forward to go "home" - It's never easy to get along with everyone in a big family. To be honest, it's way too difficult.

Taking these photos does not cure any thing. No matter how much they worship the Family value and traditional virtue, people are selfish and born with prejudice. In the end, it just like that bag of money for ghost. Fake things to get rid of your guilt.

.

沒有留言:

張貼留言